Wednesday 10 June 2009

You can please some of the people...

Whilst perusing the forums of one of my clients I came across this post:

-----------------------
I'd love to see a contest

I have seen so many interesting books in the blurb bookstore that I could spend thousands of dollars in one mad afternoon buying books. But I can’t afford that.

So what I think would be great is if blurb would run a contest with the prize being blurb bookstore credits. Lots of credits. Lots and lots.

I don’t care what the subject of the contest is. Just as long as it’s something I have a chance of winning :-) I don’t want it to be a "my book is better than your book" sort of thing. Perhaps a scavanger hunt for specific images found in books in the bookstore? Something that would not turn into a competition about what book is better, and which would encourage people to investigate the richness of what’s on offer in the bookstore.

But any idea would do. But, as I said, it has to be something that I could possibly win.

--------------------------------

Now - Blurb is running a competition, Photography.Book.Now. And so one of the Blurb guys responds and points that out. To which the original poster replies:

"I’d like a contest that 1) I have a chance of winning and 2) Doesn’t cost US$35 to enter."

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time...

Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment