Friday 10 April 2009

"Dear Sirs..."

I'm clearly a fan of companies doing right by their customers and the public. But I don't just complain for complaining's sake; I don't watch the television well into the night waiting to get offended and more often than not in stores I scurry out and moan in the privacy of my own home.
In fact I get really annoyed by the Daily Mail reading Great British Complainers, who clearly derive no joy from life.

Latest victim: Google Street View.

Some describe it as an "invitation to criminals" and an "invasion of privacy" while Google thinks it's only coming under fire because it's so successful.

I feel like I'm the only one who went straight to my house and zoomed in with the hope that I could see myself in there. Is that weird? And what are people doing in their homes that they're so worried about being caught on camera for anyway?

In my view, Google Street View is yet another source of great online entertainment - it's like the next generation of You've Been Framed (Sunday night tea-time-TV that I always thought was popular with the mainstream, Great British Complainer). I expect we'll see a lot more of these amusing screen shots posted over the coming weeks - like all the naked people there were on Google Earth. *gasp*


No comments:

Post a Comment