Thursday 12 February 2009

Stuck for a gift this Valentine's Day?

Just call me Long Distance Clara, because I love driving! But I hate bickering with my husband about how I drive. He's learnt to back off a bit and let me speed if I so choose.

Then we got a SatNav, which meant I argued with that rather than my hubby when it came to route disagreements (because I know best).

Now herald the Eco SatNav from Vexia. Much like my other half, it'll moan when I abuse the accelerator and flashes an onscreen warning that I need to change gear (well... Mr. IsThisThingSwitchedOn doesn't flash an onscreen warning - but you catch my drift).

I have a feeling that would grate after a while. I get annoyed enough with English Daniel on my Garmin NuVi telling me forcefully to "turn left on Broadway" when there's no left to be seen. I think my road rage would get out of control if he started giving me other driving tips.

But at least the other half and I don't fight anymore, it's poor English Daniel who gets it in the neck instead.

SatNavs - probably the best Valentine's gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment