Saturday 28 February 2009

I can't type or flush

Well this is nice - recognition by the techies of the need for things to just work. Normobs, normal mobile users, can at last get the benefits of a smartphone with something that has a user interface simple enough to do it all for them...like choosing between connectivity options; 3G or WiFi? I don't care, I just want it to work.

Of course I'm talking about the iPhone with it's out of the box experience. And as much as it pains me to say it, that user interface is simplicity at its best. Anything that just works gets my vote.

But why won't I ever own an iPhone? Apart from this odd thing I do where I don't want to own the obvious choice, it comes down to fingernails.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have big talons, but my nails do grow very quickly, and they're very tough. I'm a real stereotype from a Boots advert, I love make-up, especially nail varnish. Heck, as mama used to say, if you've got it flaunt it.

But those wretched touchscreens won't respond to the touch of a finger nail, and in the effort of getting the pad of my finger on the screen I'm typing gibberish! I'm a teeny tiny keyboard kinda gal, but I need the buttons, or a touchscreen that responds to nail lacquer.

Mind you, I also have problems with those button toilet flushes, so maybe it's just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment